How to make gravy from scratch
- Melt your butter in a saucepan
- Add the flour and cook for 2 minutes making sure not to burn the mixture.
- Add in half a cup of beef broth and whisk as it thickens drastically.
- Add another half cup and whisk until the mixture starts to thin.
- Slowly whisk in the remaining of the broth.
- Add a splash of Worcestershire sauce, some better than bouillon and a pinch of pepper.
- Simmer the brown gravy for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in your splash of heavy cream
- Check your seasonings and serve.